Ever since the new Apple Nano was launch there has been talk of wearing it as a watch. As a fan I was very intrigued when a post on TUAW caught my eye – iPod nano watch kits nab almost $1 million on Kickstarter
Apart from the quality of the design, I was fascinated by the method of funding the project – Kickstarter
Kickstarter is an online threshold pledge system for funding creative projects and is one of a new set of fundraising platforms known as “crowdfunding”. Kickstarter facilitates gathering monetary resources from the general public. Project owners choose a deadline and a target minimum of funds to raise. If the chosen target is not gathered by the deadline, no funds are collected.
- 15 Jul 2012No Plan Survives First Contact With The Enemy
- 03 Jun 2012What is your kidnap fund? – The power of language
- 28 Apr 2012Company Valuation Methods – You Need to Plan Ahead
- 17 Nov 2011The Double-dip Failure Shortlist
- 01 Nov 2011Do you really need the cost and commitment of a full time finance director?