Ever since the new Apple Nano was launch there has been talk of wearing it as a watch. As a fan I was very intrigued when a post on TUAW caught my eye – iPod nano watch kits nab almost $1 million on Kickstarter
Apart from the quality of the design, I was fascinated by the method of funding the project – Kickstarter
Kickstarter is an online threshold pledge system for funding creative projects and is one of a new set of fundraising platforms known as “crowdfunding”. Kickstarter facilitates gathering monetary resources from the general public. Project owners choose a deadline and a target minimum of funds to raise. If the chosen target is not gathered by the deadline, no funds are collected.
Find out more about the product via this video or this website
What a fabulous product – Now I know what I want for Christmas!
- 15 Jul 2012No Plan Survives First Contact With The Enemy
- 03 Jun 2012What is your kidnap fund? – The power of language
- 28 Apr 2012Company Valuation Methods – You Need to Plan Ahead
- 17 Nov 2011The Double-dip Failure Shortlist
- 01 Nov 2011Do you really need the cost and commitment of a full time finance director?