Something that I always find inspiring is seeing passion and great achievement emulating from an unlikely source.
And so, over the last week or so, our house has been spell-bound, mesmerised and overjoyed as we watch the TV. The program that has had this amazing effect has been Michel Roux’s Service.
Take a bunch of kids with inauspicious backgrounds – the world of ASBOs one parent families, unemployment and broken dreams – and try to turn them into five star front-of-house. The journey so far has been fabulous. The fire that has been fanned in the hearts of these guys is a real lesson in what can be achieved by anyone if they have the self belief.
The secret weapon behind this transformation: The passionate mentoring and coaching of the General Manager of Galvin at Windows, Fred Sirieix.
- 15 Jul 2012No Plan Survives First Contact With The Enemy
- 03 Jun 2012What is your kidnap fund? – The power of language
- 28 Apr 2012Company Valuation Methods – You Need to Plan Ahead
- 17 Nov 2011The Double-dip Failure Shortlist
- 01 Nov 2011Do you really need the cost and commitment of a full time finance director?